VSECU – named, by Vermont Business Magazine, as one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont five out of the last six years – is a credit union dedicated to improving the quality of life of all Vermonters.
Our vision is to inspire a movement that brings people together to empower the possibilities for greater financial, environmental and social prosperity. To excel at that, we need people-oriented Member Service Consultants that are quick to connect and excited by the opportunity to influence our member owners. If our vision makes you smile, inspires you and makes you feel like you could move mountains; we encourage you to consider joining our team!
A typical day may include greeting a member at the door to review the latest banking technologies, issuing a credit card, opening a checking account, originating a personal or auto loan, or opening a variety of savings accounts to help members reach their financial goals.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage in consultative sales conversations to meet articulated and unarticulated needs.
- Cross sell appropriate needs-based banking products and services.
- Identify referral opportunities for investment advisory and insurance solutions.
- Respond to account inquiries and problem solve.
- Follow up on inbound and outbound leads, in person and by telephone.
- Participate in community and local events to further build relationships.
- Effectively build and maintain positive relationships with member-owners.
- Build collaborative relationships with co-workers.
- A persuasive, teaching style of communication to communicate the credit union’s policies, programs and systems.
- Follow established policies, guidelines and structures closely.
- Ability to work at a faster-than-average pace while handling details quickly, correctly and efficiently.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Proven customer service and sales experience.
- Experience in banking and financial services is not required but a plus.
- Understanding of, or interest in, the credit union mission and philosophy is desired.
VSECU’s normal business hours in Montpelier are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, a strong retirement package with matching 401K contributions, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and paid volunteer time.
VSECU is an EOE.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.