As we continue to scale one of the fastest growing apparrel brands, we are seeking a Knitting Machine Operator to keep our machines operating at peak efficiency by responding to machine error lights and performing appropriate repairs. The machine Operator will inspect socks and operate knitting machines according to quality standards and operating procedures. This position will ensure sock quality by comparing sock spec sheets and raw materials for compliance.
- Make sure the spec sheet, production ticket, and program match.
- Maintaining the machine target of 85% efficiency by addressing error lights and performing repairs as quickly as possible.
- Re-thread machines quickly and accurately to minimize downtime, and notify a technician of machine problems when appropriate.
- Check sock quality for defects and compare production socks to sample socks.
- Monitor the yarn supplies for each machine regularly, and ensure that runouts and downtime are kept to a minimum.
- Be on the Set at all times, unless assigned other tasks by the Shift Supervisor.
- Complete production reporting as needed, e.g. production tickets and machine counts.
- Follow all safety regulations and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Demonstrate teamwork by communicating with incoming shift about product quality, machine issues, and any other important information.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic mathematics skill and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and experience of a manufacturing operation.
- Ability to distinguish between many colors and shades.
- Strong attention to detail with a quality-focused mindset.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Demonstrated track record of reliable and punctual attendance.
- Ability to be professional and courteous at all times
- Passionate about working for a values driven company and fully committed to building great cultures and high performing teams
- This position requires commitment to embrace the company’s culture through the alignment of personal behaviors with the company’s core values.
- Manufacturing environment – exposure to machinery, noise and other adverse conditions for limited periods of time depending on the role
- Flexible nature to manage competing and changing priorities
Darn Tough values differences.
This job description should not be interpreted to be a complete list of all the duties, qualifications and responsibilities performed by the jobholder. To maintain organizational flexibility, the organization has the discretion to add, drop or change at any time the duties, responsibilities and expectations of this position. This job description does not constitute an offer of employment, continuous employment or an employment contract. Reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Darn Tough Vermont is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $16.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Health & safety of our employees is a priority. We take temperatures of all employees, consultants, & visitors. Masks are worn. Increased sanitation &cleaning throughout the day is done. Desk are 6 feet or more apart. And more.
- Were you referred to us by a Darn Tough employee? If so who?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Quality control: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.