Website Harrison Concrete and Redi Mix
A concrete laborer/form setter is a construction worker that performs many tasks that require physical labor on construction sites. Most concrete laborers/form setters and helpers work full time and do physically demanding work. It is the responsibility of the concrete laborer/form setter to assist in the progress of the construction project as needed.
Responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The concrete laborer/form setter will use a variety of hand tools (blowtorches, hammers, pliers, screwdrivers, tape measures, levels, etc.), power tools (drills, grinders, saws, etc.), air tools, and small heavy equipment and machines, pressure washers and water spraying equipment
- The concrete laborer/form setter will be responsible for tying rebar, setting and assembling concrete forms, and assisting with the pouring of concrete.
- The concrete laborer/form setter will act as an assistant to other trades and operators.
- The concrete laborer/form setter will help clean and prepare the job site each day.
- The concrete laborer/form setter will help with the loading, unloading, and delivery of materials.
- The concrete laborer/form setter may also control traffic, set up markers, cones, and barricades, and may flag vehicles to control the traffic flow.
- To qualify as a concrete laborer/form setter you must have a minimum of one full year’s experience working with concrete, concrete tools, forms, and rebar. You must know how to set forms for sidewalk, curb, gutter, pedestrian ramps, and drive approaches.
- Employees are expected to lift 50+ pounds on a daily basis
- Employees are required to bend, squat, lift, carry, kneel, climb and crawl
- As you can see by the description above, the position requires a great deal of agility and balance. The physical demands of this position are important to your safety and the safety of those working around you. It is important that you can think and move quickly and be aware of your surroundings at all times.
To apply for this job please visit harrisonconcreteinc.com.