There’s never been a better time to work at DR Power Equipment, a Generac Power Systems Company. We’re shaping the market and investing in new companies and new technologies. Our rapid growth equals career opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a fast-paced, high-performance culture. Join us in our new location in South Burlington, overlooking Vermont’s Green Mountains!
Our Strategic Global Sourcing Specialist is part of our Chore Business Group and is responsible for various Sourcing activities while partnering cross functionally inside and outside of the organization. The team member in this role is responsible for interacting with various suppliers, internal customers, and analysts on a daily basis while executing projects, improving process, and improving execution. The Strategic Global Sourcing Specialist is also responsible for a number of diverse actions within the organization, with a primary focus on sourcing, supplier management, and supplier development, maintaining an agile and aggressive supply base while procuring high quality goods at a fair and competitive price.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop supplier directory and other compliance/analytical support
- Develop, negotiate, and update supplier agreements under guidance of sourcing leadership
- Collect Market Intelligence data; develop benchmarks and analysis for sourcing strategies
- Record and analyze reported purchase price variances and total cost of ownership
- Identify new suppliers to support life cycle product strategy for new products
- Develop, process and maintain required documentation as advised by cross-functional teams
- Aid in material management escalations
- Develop and execute supplier based projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or related field or equivalent work experience
- 1 year of experience in Supply Chain role or related work environment
- Experience and understanding of assigned commodities
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) software
- Experience with ERP and Supplier Relationship software packages
- Familiarity with Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma concepts & methodologies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interpret data and database application knowledge
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Knowledge of supplier contracts, product conformity, quality tool box and problem solving methodologies
- Knowledge of purchasing techniques including strategic supplier concepts
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) software and statistical analysis tools
- Knowledge of supply solutions that optimize business investment costs
- Experience with problem solving skills including the ability to analyze, think and communicate with well-supported data
- Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion, the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
To apply for this job please visit generacta.avature.net.