As a member of the Career Connections program, educate and advise staff, clients and their family members concerning benefits related to Social Security, Economic Services and Subsidized Housing programs. Careers Connections serves adults with mental health conditions. Ideal candidate will have diverse knowledge of State and Federally funded benefits, program rules, and disabilities. (This position requires in-person services to clients. There is not a remote option)
- Develop effective benefit profiles that assure best financial outcomes, providing direct explanation and education to all parties
- Perform financial accounting comparisons with and without earned income considering all benefits received by the individual and their household
- Facilitate interaction with State, Federal and community agency employees to collaborate client benefits
- Assist clients with budgeting, retirement planning, understanding their SSA Benefits Planning Query, and navigating their online SSA account and assistance with overpayment appeals
- Two years of work experience at a professional level working with people with disabilities
- Extensive knowledge of Social Security policy as referenced through the Federal Register and through the SSA’s Policy Operations Manual
- Experience in advising, counseling, research in the areas of public benefits and/or finances/budgeting
- Required to complete upon hire – Virginia Commonwealth University – Certified Work Incentive Counselor (This gives individual the ability to access SSA resources and consultation services) AND Intentional Peer Support or NAMI Family class
- Full-time (37.5 hours)
- Starting at $18.28 an hour
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
*All sign on bonuses are exclusively offered to external staff and will be prorated for any positions with less than 37.5hrs*
*All referral bonuses are exclusively offered to internal staff and external applicants are not eligible.
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency’s culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY.
To apply for this job please visit howardcentercareers.e3applicants.com.